New Rims

Talk about the VROOOM!!

Moderator: Moderators

New Rims

Postby Despoiler » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:43 pm

Since the accident blew up my left front rim and they replaced it with a similar, but different rim, I decided new rims were in order. My other ones were totally trashed anyways. Once the clear coat degraded the brake dust + water started eating the finish. Never get rims that are clear coated.

I was going to get Rota's. They are popular. They are light ~18 pounds. I have seen some photos that make me question their quality though. I'm sure a vast majority are fine, but they are made in the Philippines. Not a place known for quality rims. So I started looking for others. I found a bunch of Honda people talking about A-Tech rims. Made in Japan. Slightly heavier @ 20 pounds. $200 bucks cheaper than Rota's. They use counter pressure casting which makes a lighter and stronger rim than low pressure cast rims. A-Tech's are sold by discount tire direct as MB Motorsports. Exactly the same rim (note the A-Tech on the rim in the pic). These are MB Motorsports Weapons/A-Tech Final Speed Eraser. Power coated bronze.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/produ ... .br.xl.jpg
Despoiler
Site Admin

Re: New Rims

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:42 am

Those will look nice.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Bosnian Child » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:43 am

I like them too, but around here that's pretty much what all hondas have. My bro has very similar ones. But I alwayd did want similar for my stratus, so i can see why they are popular.
Bosnian Child
Minor Threat

Postby Despoiler » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 am

New rims are mounted. They look really good IMO. I'll post up some pics when I can.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Bosnian Child » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:14 pm

Still no pics huh... You know I try to document stuff I do with my car and take photos of it as I do it. The problem is that my gf just deleted them all off the camera before I could get them online : /. So no documentation of me adding on the front lip to my car or the glue repair of my inner door panels :(. Hopefully I can get the Tranny/Motor mounts up when I do them. Of course she'll probably lose those too :D
Bosnian Child
Minor Threat

Return to Cars/Motorcycles