pistol rail system

Guns, Guns, Guns

Moderator: Moderators

pistol rail system

Postby Windowlicker » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:19 pm

My Steyr m357 has this proprietary rail system. Its not weaver or picatinny. Its this notched rail to help with sliding and to keep what you have on there in place.

Its basically like 2 rectangles in sequence.

I guess the main issue with this is not that its a non standard rail, but that they made nothing for it.

I guess my question is just to mess around you think I would be able to buy a normal Weaver rail laser site. and notch out the bracket on the laser to only go into my slot rail?

Like use a dremmel and cut it out? its just a cheep pointer to f$#@ with.

rail on my gun

pointer
Windowlicker
Blood Guard

Postby Hanover » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:17 pm

If you know of any gunsmiths/machinists they should be able to knock somehting out for you pretty quick .... Otherwise I would say a dremel should be able to knock most of the material out and then finish it with a small file

Remember measure 4 times cut once :D
Hanover

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:22 am

JB weld :)

Why not just get pistol grip accu sight? the lasers molded into the grip panels.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Return to Firearms