Star Trek Online

Talk about MMOs not specifically listed

Moderator: Moderators

Star Trek Online

Postby Despoiler » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 am

Started beta testing this. Kinda cool.

Character customization is Cryptic so best in the industry. You can look like whatever you want or use preset races.

Ship combat has pretty good controls. Multi-ship battles are awesome! Very Epic. It gets intense. You can use a lot of strategy both in doing damage and staying alive. Away missions are decent too. The character animations are underwhelming, but passable. LOTS of customization for ships, your toon, and your bridge crew. The game is easy to jump into anything. No long travel times like in Eve, but feels a bit small. Missions often are a mix of space combat and away mission. Quest text isn't that bad to read. If players are in the same sector it auto groups you and sets the difficulty higher.

Needs work on tutorials. Takes a bit to get used to where everything is in the UI. Especially with customizing everything.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Online

Postby Hanover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 pm

I can see Joe getting into this BIG TIME. Me not so much. Looks like a cool game though. Hope they expand the world a bit. Eve is so expansive and thats what Star Trek should be shooting for.
Posted from my phone. Fucking typos happen!
Hanover
n00b

Return to MMO-General