RIP Dedicated

Talk about Paintball

Moderator: Moderators

RIP Dedicated

Postby Phobos » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:54 pm

Word in the "Inner Circle" is that Dedicated is in serious trouble, and most likely is not re-opening.

They made a real stupid move IMHO moving the paintball field to Jenny's dads land. Sure they save money, but they have no indoor (There moneymaker). So they alienated 90% of there business, and nobodys playing anymore.

No indoor, really bad outdoor. RIP Dedicated.
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Plague Lord » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:00 pm

I wished they would have setup shop in that old inflatable golf building. That would have been super cool. Plus those buildings are cheap, so rent would have been low.

Plenty of outdoor locations in WI, It's the big indoor places that stick around for 20 years.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Phobos » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 pm

Official announcement from the DP site.

Hey everyone,

Yes, you read that right. Unfortunalty things haven't been going as I had planned. My family's business really needs me full time now and I haven't had much time for Dedicated. I was hoping to re-open in the spring since we couldn't get the indoor up in time this winter, but now I'm afraid Dedicated will remain closed. It's been an awesome three years and I sincerely thank each and every one of you that visited the field and store. I've known some of you since the old store on Odana road, that seems so long ago. We've had some fun times and I will miss it so much it breaks my heart, but I guess that's how it goes.

The building is closed. There is no one there that can help you or answer any questions so if you have any concerns, you have anything at the shop, etc. please email me at dedicatedpaintball@hotmail.com.

So, everything must go. If you know anyone who is interested in a paintball field, let them know. I'm willing to sell the entire thing as a package (which could be run at the present location rent free until May), or as peices. I have a full list of inventory, fixtures, ect... if you are interested in anything specific or a list please post on here and I will PM you.

Thanks again to everyone who has been a part of Dedicated Paintball, Inc. Thank you for making one of my dreams a reality, it's been fun.

Jenny
Dedicated Paintball
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Hanover » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Anyone want to buy a business? Wait... I couldn't trust any of you to actually work there could I? Forget I asked

:mrgreen:
Hanover

Postby Despoiler » Sat May 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Well a reball outfit bought the Dedicated facility. They are looking to have it up and running by the end of May.

http://www.crossfirepb.iwarp.com/
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Phobos » Sun May 14, 2006 3:51 pm

If it's the current field (See Gravel pit), then no thanks.

The "new" dedicated did not have any indoor ball done, and only an outdoor field that was filled with rocks. They would have to seriously revamp the place.

I'd start going regularlly if they have cheap prices and walk on fees coupled with decent fields that are not made out of concrete or rocks.
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Despoiler » Sun May 14, 2006 8:49 pm

Phobos wrote:If it's the current field (See Gravel pit), then no thanks.

The "new" dedicated did not have any indoor ball done, and only an outdoor field that was filled with rocks. They would have to seriously revamp the place.

I'd start going regularlly if they have cheap prices and walk on fees coupled with decent fields that are not made out of concrete or rocks.

If you check the pics of their Indiana facility, it's really nice.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Phobos » Mon May 15, 2006 6:23 am

Despoiler wrote:If you check the pics of their Indiana facility, it's really nice.

That's a indoor soccer arena that they rent on the weekends. Crossfire actually did not have a field until they bought Dedicated.
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Despoiler » Mon May 15, 2006 6:57 am

I have been talking with the guy. They are going to have 1 indoor and 2-3 outdoor fields. Outdoor is going to stay gravel this summer, but they are going to rake it to get the rocks out or do anything they can to make it useable this summer. They are planning on getting grass in there, but they want to have the place open so it's going to wait. They are also going to finish the indoor for reball. Indoor is going to hae short pile carpet turf.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Phobos » Mon May 15, 2006 11:14 am

Indoor soccer field turf should be fine for reball since there is no mess.

Even if you rake all of the rocks out of an outdoor gravel parking lot, theres still a shitload of rocks under the ground to tear your knees and elbows up on. After many years of working on Apocalypses fields the only way to remove rocks is to till the entire field up, and sift out the rocks. Everybody that has played at the old DP knows that the field tears your knees and elbows up (And they did rake it before tournaments). Personally I will not be looking forward to any outdoor ball at the "New DP" until they get some top soil, smooth landscape rocks (Pete Rock?), or sand down.

I wish the owners the best of luck with the reball facility. DP was cool when it was open because it took all of the fuck tards knows as "Pro Ballers" out of Apocalypse. Knowning Dave for many years there is only one way to make money with a paintball field. And that cash cow is rookie woodsballers and private groups. They rent all of there equipment, buy field paint, and have a great time which brings in referrals for bachelor parties or coporate events. Just two weeks ago my Cousin and Dave went up to Fox Lake to host an event for the military. That's money right there. "Pro Ballers" buy there own paint, are cheap as shit, destroy fields, and scare away business by beating up on the new players and starting fights. That's why DP went out of business. Due to the APL insurance, Compressor repairs and upgrades, as well as hefty property taxes most of the money is made by selling field paint. I know what Apoc pays for Blaze, and most internet outfits charge a 66% markup on there "Discounted" price.

Reball is something new to the sport but I never saw reball working on the honor system as a substitute for paint. With non-affiliated people that play in the grey, or outright cheat in paintball it will never work. It's a fantastic team pratice tool becuase all the players will stay honest. I've used them before, and they are effective.

$10 an hour to play reball is not cheap either. I'd rather pay $30 a case for some good discount paint and play all day at my own pace. How many games would you get in an hour with one / two reball fields? Especially if the field is busy as Apocalypse on a Saturday? I'd guess about 2-3.

The only thing that would get me really excited about a new field would be a really well done indoor full fledged X-Ball arena with walk on paint, season passes, and leagues. That or a kick ass outdoor scenario field like Hollywood Sports Park or Challenge Park Extreme.
Last edited by Phobos on Mon May 15, 2006 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Despoiler » Mon May 15, 2006 11:25 am

They were taking suggestions on the outdoor situation until they can get grass down. I have never played there, but rocks don't sound fun. Hell I did not know they moved until they went out of business. I am going to go check the place out. They want to get it preped for opening and the owners are coming into town this week to start. The nation thread is below if you want to throw in your 2 cents.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1400530
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Phobos » Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 am

I posted some advice on his thread. Hopefully this field will get off the ground, and at least operate in the black.
Phobos
Dominator

Postby Despoiler » Mon May 15, 2006 11:52 am

If they have 2-3 nice grass fields and the 1 reball, I think they will do well. I'd much rather drive somewhere in town that out to Apoc or Stalker. Save gas money to play more.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Return to Paintball