Big PVP changes

Talk about EverCrack

Moderator: Moderators

Big PVP changes

Postby BitHead0023 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:06 pm

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/communit ... p?id=63142

Hell hath frozen over... SOE has actually made a significant effort to improve PVP. Basically a lot of tweaks to currently-overpowered things (1-hit kills by wizzies/shadowknights, driveby jousting on horseback, etc), some changes to melee/mage balance, and the addition of a points system to all the servers. You basically get more points for tougher foes, less for people who have been killed repeatedly recently, etc. They also removed item loot from the server(s) that had it (just Rallos I think, and I'm not sure about cash loot), while adding in a bunch of stuff you can buy with kill points. Kinda makes me want to fool around with my old characters on Rallos again, just to see how it plays out now... at least until the first of the new batch of games comes out (probably EQ2, considering the quality ratio between SOE and Blizzard).
"It takes an idiot to do cool things... that's why it's cool" - Haruka, FLCL
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby The Hammer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:01 am

WHAT NO ITEM LOOTING!!!! BAH!
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:09 am

Man if I went back to Cyricus on Rallos I would get owned. I have shit gear compared to what you can get now. Not only that I had shit gear when I was still playing. I might do it though for shits and giggles for a month.

What level was your character(s) on Rallos Bit?
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby BitHead0023 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:25 am

My characters on Rallos were all under 20. I think I had just gotten my shammy up to 14 on aviak island (man that was the spot back then), when I finally got sick of the server, then I left EQ for quite some time.

Of course you'll obviously be far behind to start with, but remember the wonderful thing called the Bazaar. I'm not sure how the economy is on Rallos, but generally a newbie with half a brain can equip themselves as well as the majority of twits his level with simple stuff like selling spider/spiderling silks. It's a heck of a lot easier to get oneself equipped than it was when I played on Rallos last, and now you don't have to worry about getting your stuff ganked anymore (though I suppose that was the big lure for some of you folks). Still, you can accumulate points from killing fools and turn them in for items.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:54 pm

I have my account active for a month for shits.

Hmm lets see. Even the Nexus is mostly deserted compared to when Luclin was new. Most people are in LDoN apparently.

The spell effects have changed and for the worse IMO. They are amatuer in some respects and cool in others. I can use Paint to make better spell effects I swear. The old ones were fine with me. The spells don't seem to get bigger the higher level you are anymore.

Got my Regent Symbol of Innoruuk finally. I can cast clinging darkness now!! To bad EQ clerics cannot solo very well. Undead and that is about it.

The Bazzar is still the shit, but I have only 250 plat so my gear still sucks.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby BitHead0023 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:12 pm

Forget the Nexus... ever since Planes of Power came out, the Plane of Knowledge is the big meeting place (assuming you have that expansion). The click port stones are sooo much freaking nicer than previous methods of travel. All the Nexus really gets used for anymore is a destination for raid groups gating out of some dungeon or plane. The spell effects are pretty goofy, but if you can believe it they were even WORSE for a while when they first put in some changes to the effects. At least they're decent now. GUComics did a comic about it that was pretty amusing actually.

Incidentally, Clerics got some nice boosts recently (not sure the last time you played, so some of this may be old hat). There is a spell line of Undead DoT's that makes soloing even more doable, a lot of Heal-Over-Time spells that generally work better than anything but Complete Heal, a Hammer Pet spell that is pretty slick (not a tanking pet... pretty much just does damage, and dies when the mob you're fighting does), a smattering of nice new buffs (including self-mana regen later on), and vastly improved high-level Yaulp spells that haste you, improve your mana regen, etc. so it can actually be a good idea to be in swinging with the melees in a group. Did I mention clerics get bash now too? My cleric bot started out mainly as a buff/rez bot, but I grew to like him so much that I got pretty good at dual-boxing him with my ranger... got him all the way up to level 60 & some AA's. Between my ranger's self clicky haste (Eyepatch of Plunder), haste and slow from epics, and killer gear, the two of them can do some fairly tough mobs.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Return to EverQuest