Playing Again!

Talk about Magic the Gathering

Moderator: Moderators

Postby coleco » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:12 pm

I'm sorry doesn't this belong in the D&D section :lol: I want to talk about Magic. It is celiphane wrapped crack for kids. It is the route of all evils today
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:13 pm

Despoiler wrote:Sounds like someone needs a nap. If you are so sure you are rolepalying, why are you getting all angry? Everyone has been giving you shit for it since I have been playing and I am sure for 8 months prior, but now its "Houston, we have a problem".

Yes I am new, because 3rd edition is not at all polished. There are plenty of over powered combinations of characters, feats, spells, etc that make the game retarded, should the DM choose to, which they usually do. Grappling for instance. So yah that is why I would not play. I am still unsure as to why we quite 2nd edition when we had so many of the books.

I'll take shit from walker about my roleplaying but not from you. I find it hard to take shit about something from some one who doesnt even attempt it. If you dont practice it you got no point in preaching to other people about how good they may or may not be at it.

I'll take shit from the group about running away or what not because it fits my character and thats why I do it. If you all want to give me shit about it fine. Ghallads not going to change his ideals and I'm not going to change his actions just because you all give me shit about it Out Of Character.

Personally I was arguing for 2e vs 3e when we first started but that arguement is long since over.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:16 pm

Actually one balancing factor of Grappling that we haven't been using is Attacks of Opportunity. See, Monk unarmed attacks don't draw an AoO, so I thought that extended to Grappling as well. I think I might be wrong on that, however. Also, some monsters that use Grappling as a primary attack form don't draw AoO... like that many-armed thing I suspect. How it's supposed to work otherwise is that someone trying to grapple, or disarm, or what have you draws and AoO. That AoO can cause the attack to fail alltogether based on how much damage it does & so forth. Of course, there are feats that let anyone grapple without drawing an AoO, as there are for disarm & such.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby coleco » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:16 pm

ewww this is getting good. I think we should break out the mud wrestling ring and grease up boys.
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:20 pm

hehe Jermey its always like that in the dnd forum. Its like one arguement after another. We argue till some one gets tired of it and then who ever is still argueing wins.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:23 pm

so who won?
echos
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:25 pm

No one yet. hehe. We got at least a full day before someone gets tired.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:25 pm

It actually did start out being about Magic, but got hijacked... mainly because there have been some D&D vs Magic tensions in the group lately. Anyway, it can all be blamed on Walker for getting us started on this crack again. :p
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:27 pm

keehe i noticed it went from one to the other subject... yeah walker is to blame ... CRACK !!!!! so did Chris ever get over the ape fight .. i didn't know what that was about but i know it took up alot of pages
echos
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm

I agree next week we should all take the time to deliver one nasty magic card paper cut to him.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:30 pm

agreed
echos
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:35 pm

Plague Lord wrote:
Despoiler wrote:Sounds like someone needs a nap. If you are so sure you are rolepalying, why are you getting all angry? Everyone has been giving you shit for it since I have been playing and I am sure for 8 months prior, but now its "Houston, we have a problem".

Yes I am new, because 3rd edition is not at all polished. There are plenty of over powered combinations of characters, feats, spells, etc that make the game retarded, should the DM choose to, which they usually do. Grappling for instance. So yah that is why I would not play. I am still unsure as to why we quite 2nd edition when we had so many of the books.

I'll take shit from walker about my roleplaying but not from you. I find it hard to take shit about something from some one who doesnt even attempt it. If you dont practice it you got no point in preaching to other people about how good they may or may not be at it.

I'll take shit from the group about running away or what not because it fits my character and thats why I do it. If you all want to give me shit about it fine. Ghallads not going to change his ideals and I'm not going to change his actions just because you all give me shit about it Out Of Character.

Personally I was arguing for 2e vs 3e when we first started but that arguement is long since over.

Point taken. This should be done in character. I will have to start Sunday with the character to character jabbing.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:43 pm

That would be a much more effective form of commenting on it since its the only way Ghallad is ever going to hear you is if you do it in game. Which BTW no one has botherd to do yet.

So of course Ghallads going to continue doing what the party allows him to get away with. Wouldn't you if you were a power hungry weasely nobel ?

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:26 pm

That would be a much more effective form of commenting on it since its the only way Ghallad is ever going to hear you is if you do it in game. Which BTW no one has botherd to do yet.

My monk did get offended enough by it to try to sic the dragon on you... too bad I had just hammered him so it wasn't terribly effective. Hehe... "LOOK!!! He's stealing your TREASURE!!!" Classic :)

so did Chris ever get over the ape fight .. i didn't know what that was about but i know it took up alot of pages

There is a big long discussion on it over on the AD&D board, and we've actually talked things out quite nicely. It helps when he doesn't get into the CBO RAGE and I don't turn into Crescendo Boy.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:28 pm

keehee ahh i see :)
echos
Blood Guard

PreviousNext

Return to MTG