Playing Again!

Talk about Magic the Gathering

Moderator: Moderators

Postby BitHead0023 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:25 pm

It does not surprise me that Plague is doing it, because his character is the biggest pussy assed, AD&D character I have ever witnessed.

I believe the term you are looking for is 'weasle'... as in the "c'mon Roy, snag all the dragon's loot & get ready to run away" type of weasle. <no Chad, I won't ever let you live that one down>

Anyway, I've already set aside all the cards of mine that Chad is interested in & will be finishing up trades before gametime this Sunday. The binders will be staying in the car. Note that this has nothing to do with all the bitching & moaning from the peanut gallery. :p
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:57 am

Despoiler wrote:I am down for no other physical destractions[MTG cards], unless of course Illuminus gets Ms. Paltrow over. It is hard enough to get things done as it is. It does not surprise me that Plague is doing it, because his character is the biggest pussy assed, AD&D character I have ever witnessed. If you are constantly let other people take the brunt of everything, and running away, of course you have nothing to do.

Thats Ghallad. Fits right into his personality and ideas of how the world works. He's got exactly one goal in life, gain enough power to take back whats his. He's going to go about doing it in a fasion that leaves him alive for the end game. Needlessly exposing himself to danger is not.
Since hes royalty ordering other people around or into dangerous situations is totaly in his character. Hell I wrote it into his character back ground story over a year ago now.

It's you know called roleplaying your character. You all might want to give it a try some time. It's suppose to be what Dnd is based on not the power gaming out of character BS that our group is so involved with.

>>I am down for no other physical destractions[MTG cards],
Hehe Cbo doesnt even need a distraction to miss parts of the game he just zones out.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:00 am

BitHead0023 wrote:Note that this has nothing to do with all the bitching & moaning from the peanut gallery. :p

Yeah we basically finished last weekend and wont be bring all of our binders in anymore. But then none of you were PAYING ATTENTION or you would have heard us say that.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:02 am

We're in total agreement there, Chad... you're roleplaying a Weasle (a rich, snobby Weasle anyway), and doing a rather good job of it. :) Actually part of the reason I want to retire my monk is because I've never really gotten into any kind of rp'ing groove with him. I'm going to try writing a little more background for this new character & putting more of it into the game.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:09 am

I always thought I was doing a pretty good job of getting Ghallads actions to reflect his Character ideals as I wrote them out. I'll be the first one to say Ghallads a weasel. hehe At this point hes a rich and fairly powerfull weasel.

Half way to his goal and still kicking.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:12 am

I'll be the first one to say Ghallads a weasel.

<Pendant Mode ON>
Actually I said it first. :p
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:17 am

Figure of speech.
Last edited by Plague Lord on Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:26 am

Chads the greatest guy in the world. If I wasnt a guy I would have his babies !
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:34 am

Thats Ghallad. Fits right into his personality and ideas of how the world works. He's got exactly one goal in life, gain enough power to take back whats his. He's going to go about doing it in a fasion that leaves him alive for the end game. Needlessly exposing himself to danger is not.
Since hes royalty ordering other people around or into dangerous situations is totaly in his character. Hell I wrote it into his character back ground story over a year ago now.

It's you know called roleplaying your character. You all might want to give it a try some time. It's suppose to be what Dnd is based on not the power gaming out of character BS that our group is so involved with.

Thats funny. I thought you were copying Galad the Looter from UO. You barely changed the name. The concept is the same. Ninja looter, only you added diplomacy/royalty to him. I don't think that is very original. Either way, running away all the time is not roleplaying. Just because you have a background story is not roleplaying. Roleplaying = acting. All you do is declare and action to run away or use X wand. Roy's character does more roleplaying than Ghallad, even though that is always "Ghallad the coward is runnign away". Heheh
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:48 am

Despoiler wrote:Thats funny. I thought you were copying Galad the Looter from UO. You barely changed the name. The concept is the same. Ninja looter, only you added diplomacy/royalty to him. I don't think that is very original. Either way, running away all the time is not roleplaying. Just because you have a background story is not roleplaying. Roleplaying = acting. All you do is declare and action to run away or use X wand. Roy's character does more roleplaying than Ghallad, even though that is always "Ghallad the coward is runnign away". Heheh

Thats funny. Both times I've been killed I was moving into combat. Teleported behind the badies to cut off escape route, and to help roy with an unseen advisary. I also managed to wack the thing that grabbed dave and halled him to the top of the tower. I also managed rush and take out cbo's bad ass mage single handed weaponless. But then again I must have been busy running away in the wrong direction. Thats the only possible explaination for that.

And its Ghallad as in Gil-Galad.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:50 am

Galad the Looter from UO

Hehe... the truth comes out :p LOL

I have to agree with chad for the most part, but don't you go counting your killing of that multi-armed thing as one of your good deeds, mr. boy scout.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:51 am

Plague Lord wrote:
Despoiler wrote:Thats funny. I thought you were copying Galad the Looter from UO. You barely changed the name. The concept is the same. Ninja looter, only you added diplomacy/royalty to him. I don't think that is very original. Either way, running away all the time is not roleplaying. Just because you have a background story is not roleplaying. Roleplaying = acting. All you do is declare and action to run away or use X wand. Roy's character does more roleplaying than Ghallad, even though that is always "Ghallad the coward is runnign away". Heheh

Thats funny. Both times I've been killed I was moving into combat. Teleported behind the badies to cut off escape route, and to help roy with an unseen advisary. I also managed to wack the thing that grabbed dave and halled him to the top of the tower. I also managed rush and take out cbo's bad ass mage single handed weaponless. But then again I must have been busy running away in the wrong direction. Thats the only possible explaination for that.

And its Ghallad as in Gil-Galad.

Were not running away, we are just moving forward in a different direction. :D
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:53 am

Having a background story and modifing your characters actions to stick with your back ground story not to mention actually roleplaying Ghallads pompous royal attitude in bars, meetings, dinners is roleplaying. Which I haven't even seen you bother to attempt. Hef the all mighty. Course you wouldnt know that being new to the group you only missed about 8 months of roleplaying.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:56 am

BitHead0023 wrote:
Galad the Looter from UO

Hehe... the truth comes out :p LOL

I have to agree with chad for the most part, but don't you go counting your killing of that multi-armed thing as one of your good deeds, mr. boy scout.

What you only got a little singed. :D I was just commenting on the fact that I was there alone basically and I didnt run away all the time.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:05 pm

Plague Lord wrote:

Having a background story and modifing your characters actions to stick with your back ground story not to mention actually roleplaying Ghallads pompous royal attitude in bars, meetings, dinners is roleplaying. Which I haven't even seen you bother to attempt. Hef the all mighty. Course you wouldnt know that being new to the group you only missed about 8 months of roleplaying.

Sounds like someone needs a nap. If you are so sure you are rolepalying, why are you getting all angry? Everyone has been giving you shit for it since I have been playing and I am sure for 8 months prior, but now its "Houston, we have a problem".

Yes I am new, because 3rd edition is not at all polished. There are plenty of over powered combinations of characters, feats, spells, etc that make the game retarded, should the DM choose to, which they usually do. Grappling for instance. So yah that is why I would not play. I am still unsure as to why we quite 2nd edition when we had so many of the books.
Despoiler
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MTG