Playing Again!

Talk about Magic the Gathering

Moderator: Moderators

Playing Again!

Postby Despoiler » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:18 pm

I cannot believe I am playing Magic again. At least this time I am a lot older and know what I am doing. That means more cards for less money.

When I played originally I had some dope cards, including the infamous Time Walk. I got that card for essentially free. It was worth a bunch though. I sold it when I sold all my other cards before. It was a $130 dolar card then. It is a $300 dollar card now.

I have 1000 commons I just bought. I also got 2: 250 card lots of uncommons and rares. That should be enough to do anything.

I also checked out MTG Online. The online verison of Magic. You can d/l the client and play for free with 5 or 6 pre-constructed decks. It is good practice to get back into to Magic with all its rules.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby RedKayos » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:48 pm

Just Can't Do It!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

RedKayos
Blood Guard

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:00 pm

Ahhh yes Desp! I've been oh so tempted to join everyone in the Magic Rebirth, but I don't want to spend a bunch of loot on it. I've looked at the ones on eBay and it looks like there is some good deals, but you just dont know what you are getting. A box set is too much $$$. I am hoping my bro can find his so I can purchase them from him. Theres a badass black deck in there...4 nightmares in it. Hes got 8 total....buncha the oldies but goodies...sol rings and stuff. :shock: [/quote]

Postby The Hammer » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:01 pm

That was me by the way :oops:
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:58 am

I only spent 75+shipping on the 1500 cards I bought on ebay.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Bosnian Child » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:15 am

Please don't tell me you fruits play magic cards..please tell me you dont..
Bosnian Child
Minor Threat

Postby RedKayos » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:01 am

I dont........refuse to!!!!!

BLAH

:twisted:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

RedKayos
Blood Guard

Postby Lt. Kage » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:00 pm

I never got into Magic in the first place I was too busy buying more WH40k stuff. That hobby is expensive enough!

I did always wonder what it was all about, but never took the time to find out. Oh well my loss/gain depending on your perspective. :wink:
Lt. Kage
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:40 pm

Magics a good time waster game. No games ever the same and they take up roughly 30 min a game. So its a good game to jam on off nights with your friends.

Hammer might not be willing to buy cards but he sure plays enough. That right there means he will buy cards eventually. E-bays a good spot to get your base cards. Dont expect to get a 1000 rares but for 30-40 bucks you can get enough cards to give you a started deck of every color then just fill in the rares you need from C&C games or someplace like that.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:08 pm

I'm not anywhere near as much into it as I used to be in high school... the local card shop owner knew me by name back then... I was always going in to buy 4 of some card I wanted for my deck. Ahhh... memories of having lots of money in savings and no bills. :p Nowadays it's just like Chad said... something to kill time with, and annoy DM's whose game is lagging a bit. It also doesn't hurt to get a nice discount on packs at Waldens.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Illuminus {BG} » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:07 am

Yeah well if and when i start GMing i give you my word i will crack down on that MAGIC shit real fast...
Illuminus {BG}
Blood Guard

Postby The Hammer » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:08 am

good...that shit is for before we jam the REAL shit baby
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:45 pm

<Sarcasm Detector ON>
scans Dave's post: BEEP BEEP BEEP

<Wasting Time talking about non-D&D things & other stupid shit Detector ON>
scans every single gaming session known to man: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

<Clue Detector ON>
scans people who get pissed off about Magic Discussions/Trading during parts of the game that are dragging & don't concern them: .........
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Illuminus {BG} » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:55 pm

I dont give a shit...If were playing D&D were NOT playing Magic...Its hard enuff to get the crew to shut the fuck up without the ADDED issue of MTG binders downstairs...If one of you other GMs want to veto that during your game that is fine with me...But i do not want to deal with that shit...Im fully aware that there will be some degree of tangetized (<-- Don King) topics of conversation, but i will do my best to curb those as well...The ones im not involved in at least... :D
Illuminus {BG}
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 pm

I am down for no other physical destractions[MTG cards], unless of course Illuminus gets Ms. Paltrow over. It is hard enough to get things done as it is. It does not surprise me that Plague is doing it, because his character is the biggest pussy assed, AD&D character I have ever witnessed. If you are constantly let other people take the brunt of everything, and running away, of course you have nothing to do.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Next

Return to MTG