New adventure, new thread.

Talk about Advanced Dungeons&Dragons

Moderator: Moderators

New adventure, new thread.

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 am

Thought I'd start a new thread since I will be making a new character soon. Leaning towards a Kender theif :)
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Re: New adventure, new thread.

Postby Despoiler » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:38 am

Plague Lord wrote:Thought I'd start a new thread since I will be making a new character soon. Leaning towards a Kender theif :)

Isn't that kind of an oxymoron since kender don't really steal?

Also, have fun with Chad playing a kender to whatever group is playing with him. hehe
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby BitHead0023 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:47 am

Figures... D&D starts up again after I'm not in the group. :p

I dunno tho, a Kender might be preferred to Chad's last character + henchman. The Kender has a ways to go to catch up at least.
"It takes an idiot to do cool things... that's why it's cool" - Haruka, FLCL
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:08 am

Well the Kender has the theif class skill set, but yes they don't really "steal" they accidentally acquire.

:lol:

I was thinking it would be more "fun" to roleplay and might actually get me to RP my character a bit more than usual for other classes. Other PC's are already talking about welding chains onto there belongings and then welding the other end to there armor.

I haven't even rolled stats yet lol
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby The Hammer » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Also, have fun with Chad playing a kender to whatever group is playing with him. hehe

*raises hand* I am prepared to deal with the munchkin that is Chad!

He better watch out or he's gonna "acquire" a few cursed items!!1 KEK

Well the Kender has the theif class skill set, but yes they don't really "steal" they accidentally acquire.

"I happen to notice you dropped that at the inn back there! You're lucky I found it for yah!"
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Yeah, the best part about Kender is how effortlessly they rationalize anything 'wrong' they do... it's just inherent to the race. Everything they do makes perfect sense in light of the extenuating circumstances and whatever happened to be on their mind at the time. ;p Actually, a couple of cursed items could just add to the fun... your average Kender would probably enjoy them just as much or more as less hazardous magical swag.
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:29 pm

The best part is he'd probably steal it and then forget about it so the cursed item would just be sitting in his bag unused.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:51 pm

either that or the curse would end up affecting everyone but the kender, with him being completely oblivious to it all. ;p
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Would be awsome if he stole it and then gave it back when the guy asked about it only to curse the orignal owner!

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Return to AD&D