The great thing about dead gnomes.

Talk about Advanced Dungeons&Dragons

Moderator: Moderators

The great thing about dead gnomes.

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:50 am

You don't have to dig a very big hole to hide there looted corpse.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:18 am

ROFL!!! Scott was all salty about that. I told him his extra hit points weren't going to save him in the end. YOu just tend to die as a mage. Its blind luck or extreme cowardice that get you to high level.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:30 am

Cower Cower Cower as a lowbie mage. Not to mention have some freaking shit up your sleave.

He most certainly should have had some escape artist as a little ass weak gnome. He was dead the first time ANY mob grappled him.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:45 am

The best part is it will happen again because he clones his characters.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:57 am

Yeah. Though he might have some thief abilities next time.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:19 pm

so does anyone know what he is going to be next time ...? i heard like 4 different things from him talking
echos
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:26 pm

Another Gnome. Supposedly Wizard renegade / gnome thief

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:43 pm

I forsee a dead gnome rogue/wizard in the near future.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:48 pm

LoL I wish he'd stop trying to play a damn gnome. They are very un common in DL.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:28 pm

DL is a very human type world if there ever was one. If Dave does not start having NPCs mess with him for being a gnome, I certainly will if I ever GM. Thats just the way it goes.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:32 pm

Yeah its really, dwarves, elves, kender and if your not a dwarf or an elf your rare as hell and looked down upon.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby The Hammer » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:50 pm

ROFL I was wondering how long it would take for me to see this post.....
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:51 am

Hammer he was so salty about it too.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby BitHead0023 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:12 pm

Well like I told Chad, I'm definitely going to get more on his case about it this time. Clone characters tend to have short lifespans in my games (yeah, so did his regular character, but that's zombies for ya). One thing I could see is going for more of a tinker mage... IE the Clockwork Mages from Al-Quadim. That would actually fit in with a gnome rogue/wizard, without bumping into trouble with the Conclave. He can make a roguish clone of his old char if he wants, but his chance of getting into High Sorcery was low with his last guy (since, a gnome has, ya know, NEVER passed the Test)... it's gonna be darn near insignificant with this one.

On a related note, how about those revamped (3.5e) zombies, eh? Gotta love it when you can take a bargain basement wimpy mob, throw in a few strategic undead-friendly spells and crack open the brains, we gotta party. :)

... also a nice object lesson on the wonders of a dynamic dungeon, especially when the party insists on several-day-long rope trick sessions. :p
"It takes an idiot to do cool things... that's why it's cool" - Haruka, FLCL
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Return to AD&D