Lets get Roleplaying going on Sundays again

Talk about Advanced Dungeons&Dragons

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Despoiler » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:15 pm

It definately allows the low level characters to pull off the crazy feats. I like it like that. You don't necessarily have to be bad ass in a skill to do cool stuff.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Illuminus {BG} » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:34 pm

Yeah, After reading alot of the d20 books and having read all of the oldschool d6 system, i have to say d20 is tha shiznit! Alot of the areas that were real wishy washy in d6 have been nailed out...And the d20 books are well written and fairly thorough...I went out and bought the Core Worlds book, which has alot of info on each planet, major locations therin, notable npcs, and everything is written with information for playing in one of 3 different time schemes...Old republic, new republic, or jedi academy era...Ive also got the Arms and Equip guide which has alot of extra gear, new ships, armor, speeders, general equipment, and alot on droids...Today i picked up the heros guide which is chalk full of new classees, prestige classes, new skills and new uses for old ones, new feats, new force skills, cybernetics!, and information about over a dozen factions like the rebels, bounty hunters guild, hutt crime syndicate etc...Soo, Im quite excided about getting this game underway...Should have all the flavor of Starwars with alot of the things we all love about Shadowrun as well...
Illuminus {BG}
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:12 pm

I don't know. I like that fact that they went back and added stuff fleshed out areas but I am really hating the fact that EVERY god damn game uses the d20 system now days.

I'd almost preferd them to keep a seperate company and release new stuff. But oh well guess I can't have my cake and eat it to.
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

http://www.IronStaff.net
Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby echos » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:19 pm

well how many people actually plan on playing because we might have enough room at our place
echos
Blood Guard

Postby Illuminus {BG} » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:47 am

Well i think its great...I agree i dont want ALL games to come out in D20...But for us, weve been playing 3rd edition now for like 1 1/2 yrs...We want something different, but dont wanna go through the customary month and a half of learning a new system...God i hate those game sessions where more hours are spent scouring the books for the new rules than actually doing anything...
Illuminus {BG}
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:21 am

i'll definitely be there... D&D3.5 gets my vote, but we did play 3e for a LONG time so I'll do Star Wars. It sounds fun anyway.
"It takes an idiot to do cool things... that's why it's cool" - Haruka, FLCL
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby The Hammer » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:36 am

yeah theres definantly enough different with 3.5 star wars to make it new and interesting...I had a fun time last night in our first barfight...didnt get to do much cause i hadda keep the jedi thing on the down low...pretty much just caught some blaster fire...but got to get a sample and it was nice :D
The Hammer
Blood Guard

Soooooo...

Postby BitHead0023 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:05 pm

Anyone want to propose a date to get underway? Sounds like PB is all/mostly done, and my Sundays are pretty much set now. So, let's get crackin :)
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby Despoiler » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:22 pm

We need a place to play still. If it is my place, we need to aquire 2 couches. If it is someone else's place, they need to set it in stone.
Despoiler
Site Admin

Postby Plague Lord » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:48 am

how many people even want to play. Poon, myself, desp, dave, ? anyone else ?
Smith and Wesson 3:57: "And lo, the LORD did calleth down upon the unrighteous the fire, the brimstone, and the 120-grain hollowpoints. And the unrighteous did suffer the Hydroshok ammo, and did perish. And the LORD did sayeth, 'Not so lucky, eh punk?'. Amen."

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby BitHead0023 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:31 am

walker & cbo from the sound of it... dang this list is looking familiar :p
BitHead0023
Blood Guard

Postby coleco » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:44 am

sorry ya'll count me out.
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Plague Lord » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:18 am

I'm pretty sure walker and c-bo both said they were out if we played sunday and were going to play starwars.

Plague Lord
Blood Guard

Postby Windowlicker » Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:06 pm

id prb play dnd

checking on those couches this weekend for despoiler
Windowlicker
Blood Guard

Previous

Return to AD&D