Imperial Guard Regiments and Special Characters

Talk about one of the best miniatures games ever

Moderator: Moderators

Imperial Guard Regiments and Special Characters

Postby coleco » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:22 am

Well i have deleted the previous IG thred and have started this one. This will not be so many ?'s but more a place to post fluf :twisted: Though if you have a ? post it in the 40K ?'s thred.
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Postby coleco » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:03 am

The Vorian Shadow Dogs
Doctrines
Flak Jackets
Hardened Fighters
Iron discipline
Light Infantry
Stealth Suits (+1 Cover Save)

The history of Vori and its two armies is shoruded in intriuge. Sargeant Wo Pang was a member of the 68th Shouden Kensai. During the Heresy Sgnt Pang’s commanding officers turned to Chaos late in the war. Pang was faced with comitting atrocities against the Imperium, but in his heart he stayed true to the Emporer. He enventually escaped, and was invaluable to the Loyalists for information.
What happened next is still not known, even to the administors of the free companies, for the data was lost ago. But somehow, Pang gained the rank of General, and then the rank of Planetary Govener of Vori 4. Some say he had these files destroyed himself. Others say they were destroyed by the Pang family later.

In either case he gained control of the plaents resources and it's PDF. Pang molded and trained the the PDF in his own fighting methods: Stealth, Martial arts, and Discipline, and named them the Vorian Kensai. When they were requistioned by the Imperium, they excelled in missions that required stealth, and acting behind enemy lines on their own for extended periods. For this reason, Tanks of any kind have been rare in Vorian Armies.
They earned a excellent reputation for the next two thousand years, with a Pang at the healm of the planets goverment. The Pang Dynasty, as it began to be known as, eventually fell when Wo Pang the 8th fell to the sweet whispers of Chaos. The bloody revolt spilled into the surronding systems until it was stopped by the Space Wolves. The Imperium then took control of the system and Vori 4. The Imperium decided to spare the planet in order to keep it’s rich resources. Instead the planet was not allowed to have any regiments of their won, and have been occupied by one imperial regiment or another for centries. And so the Vorian Kensia and the Pang Dynasty ended and faded into history.

Then about five years ago the two living decendents of the Pang Dynasty have surficed and have gained permission to form a regiment on Vori once more. The Vorian Shadow dogs were formed by brothers Tau and Min Pang, after their loyal survice with the 180th Cadian Stalking tigers, another unit known for its stealth. Tau and Min were both veterans of the Abandons Latest Black Crusade, and both achieved many great things, and were giving the knick name, the shadow dogs.
For their loyal service they were allowed to form a regiment on Vori again. they decided to keep the ancient Doctrines of the Pang Dynasty, but not it’s name. Instead the kept their knick names from their time with the Cadians, the Shadow Dogs.
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Return to Warhammer 40K