Whay can't eldar deep strike

Talk about one of the best miniatures games ever

Moderator: Moderators

Whay can't eldar deep strike

Postby coleco » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:21 am

you know i have been wondering why eldar have no deep strike capability when every other army does
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...
You may remember me from such films as,

Lead paint delicous but deadly.

Here comes the metric system.
coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Lt. Kage » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 am

Swooping Hawks have the ability to Deep Strike, plus that is the only time they are able to use those nifty grenade packs. The theory is they take off before the battle begins and hover way up and drop down at the precise time and location to deliver the decapitating blow or much needed reinforcements if things go wrong.

But that is the only unit and scenario I have seen Eldar able to deep strike. In most cases they come in via a warp gate from their associated craftworld. Rarely are they in a ship up in orbit where they can just drop in more. Plus they are few and far between, a dying race so its not like there are a whole lot around to pop in to reinforce their brothers, pass the pipe and have some beers.

I have seen scenarios where a warp gate was involved and reinforcements were able to warp in a given length from the gate.

Several years ago I was in a game at a roadshow tour, where a gate was was an objective it came in real handy when a poor SM squad thought they captured a nifty artifact location only to find they triggered the gate and a whole detachment of guardians and aspect warriors warped in on em. Surprise!
Lt. Kage
Blood Guard

Postby coleco » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:45 pm

I forgot about the hawks, i never use em.

in the last chancers book the eldar deep strike on the deck i thought.
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...

coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Lt. Kage » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:10 pm

Those were Dark Eldar, and they boarded via raider ships, blasted a hole in the cargo hold and stormed in.

Speaking of DE they do have a portable Webway portal that certain units can field. Thus allowing reserves to warp in if one is successfully placed.
Lt. Kage
Blood Guard

Postby coleco » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:39 pm

Thats sweet. I have never seen the DE codex. Seriously thinking about picking up the two programs and get all the current army lists for $60.00
Hi I'm Troy Maclure...

coleco
Blood Guard

Postby Lt. Kage » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:21 pm

DE are nasty buggers, I played a guy who started up right when they came out with 3rd ed. He loved em and I hated them, only cuz I had to face em regularly, never lost to em but had some tough battles and in the end it was only my experience that won it most times.

They are hard to play and expensive to build an effective army for but if played right can best just about any other race. The thing about them is they have very specialized units and you have to get to know the codex real well to play em or beat em in order to take advantage of their uniqueness and /or exploit their weaknesses.
Lt. Kage
Blood Guard

Return to Warhammer 40K